Search This Blog

Sunday, September 13, 2015

Easy Halloween DIY

 It's almost that magical time of the year!


Last year I made a couple of super easy projects. 

A swarm of bat's flying in
I cut out three different sizes of bat's on black construction paper. I think 
I ended up with 50-60 bat's. I used duct tape to stick them to the ceiling
but I strongly suggest another alternative because when my boyfriend 
took them down (without patience) it took some ceiling paint with it.
I made the swarm look as if it came from our front door and led out to the patio.




Creepy Crawly Spiders

I bought a package of black plastic spider rings
from Dollar tree and cut the ring part
off of the spider (tiresome after a few).
I then cut out small rectangles from large flat magnets
(I used to work at Dunkin Donuts and they were replacing 
doughnut magnet labels so I took the old ones)
Then I hot glued the magnet to the spider and created a swarm.
Easy-peasy 

Supplies:
  • Acrylic paint (orange and yellow)
  • Paint brushes
  • Paper plates 
  • Scissors
  • String
  • Tape

Paint the outer layer of the plate (closest to the edge) with
orange paint. Next ring paint yellow and the inner ring
 is already white naturally. After it drys, cut the plate like
a pie in 6 pieces. Tape string to the back and string around the house. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

DIY Mary Sanderson Costume

DIY Mary Sanderson costume from the thrift store.                                     It's just a bunch of Hocus Pocus!  DIY video: Find...