Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Continuation for Hexagon Shelf

 


Previously I made a hexagon shelf but I wanted more to go with it and larger in size.
Last time I only used 1 pack (100 count) for one hexagon and it wasn't as wide as I wanted for a shelf so I also added on to the previous shelf.
Materials:
  • Popsicle sticks 100 ct packs- $1 each at Dollar Tree (I used around 200-300 sticks per hexagon depending on the shape)
  • Paper and marker to draw out stencil 
  • Glue
  • Paint (I used gold spray paint)- $3.68 at Walmart
 Tape together paper 
 and draw out your design
 When laying out the Popsicle sticks make sure you alternate between laying them down on the bottom and then gluing the next layer on top. 
 Glue, Glue, Glue
Building each layer
Each shape is 20 sticks wide.
I added on more Popsicle sticks to the previous shelf to make it wider.
My third design
Spray paint your desired color
And hang!
 I only spray painted 2 of the 3 shelves because the third design need to dry more.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

DIY Mary Sanderson Costume

DIY Mary Sanderson costume from the thrift store.                                     It's just a bunch of Hocus Pocus!  DIY video: Find...