Search This Blog

Saturday, July 13, 2019

July Birthday Presents: Paintings


Well I moved out of my hometown a couple of years ago so sending gifts 
usually means selecting something from Amazon Prime
since the shipping is included but sometimes gifts from online feels impersonal. 
Dollar Tree sells multiple sizes in white canvas (not much bigger than a book).
They conveniently weigh nothing so it only cost about $1 to send each gift. 

Kristina's birthday gift
I don't think I have ever painted anything for Kristina that wasn't a skull or skeleton. 
She always receives an annually late skeleton christmas gift (see past posts)
White background, black skull outline I found online, & black
arrow stamps that I made out of a bent paperclip. 

Black skull outline & paperclip stamps

Elizabeth's birthday gift
We both share a love for all things Harry Potter 
and this painting has been on my list for some time.
 I researched a couple of youtube videos on Starry Hogwarts to paint my base. 
I like how it turned out but there's always room for improvement. 
Starry Night at Hogwarts 

No comments:

Post a Comment

DIY Mary Sanderson Costume

DIY Mary Sanderson costume from the thrift store.                                     It's just a bunch of Hocus Pocus!  DIY video: Find...