Search This Blog

Monday, January 13, 2020

House painting



Painting my double shot-gun style house

Look at how pretty she is. 


I use trace paper for most drawings when I need to be accurate.
 I laid down my computer screen and found a nice photo of my place on google maps.
The canvases were purchased at Dollar Tree *which is where most of my small project canvases are bought from - most of the time they have a nice selection*
I used two 6x8 inch canvases. 


                                                                   First in pencil


                     Initially I painted a day time background but then decided for a darker blue 
                           background with one of the best night time features: the MOON. 


All finished. For the smaller details on the black iron fence and screen door I used a 
black fine tip permanent marker. 

Did you notice my signature stamp and the year in the bottom right corner...yup I painted this in 2018 but finally posted it in 2020. Shocked? I wouldn't be. Ha.



On display and off center. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

DIY Mary Sanderson Costume

DIY Mary Sanderson costume from the thrift store.                                     It's just a bunch of Hocus Pocus!  DIY video: Find...